The question is…
If the unexpected happens – you become too sick or hurt to work – would your savings or the disability benefits you receive through your employer be adequate?
Individual disability income insurance helps protect a portion of your income and provides financial protection if you become disabled for an extended period of time. If you depend on your income to pay the bills or maintain your lifestyle, you should consider disability income insurance protection.
- Helps protect a portion of your earned income to help maintain your current lifestyle.
- Can complement existing disability benefit coverage that may be available to you.
- Fully portable. You own the policy and can take it with you throughout your career.
- Benefits are usually tax free.
- Flexible solutions for various income levels.
One advantage of personally owned disability insurance is that it cannot be reduced or terminated if you leave your current employer. With personal disability insurance, you pay the premium, you own the policy and benefits are paid to you directly.